Saturday, March 8, 2008

Mixed Emotions

I had a very hectic day today. We got up about 10 til 8 which has become a habit for me lately. Got ready for heading to my nieces party. This includes showering, digging through my clothes putting on one dress and doing my hair and makeup and deciding that the dress showed too much cleavage for a niece's party and a memorial service, digging some more, putting on the skirt I wore to our wedding reception, realizing I needed a nice shirt, going to wal*mart, coming back home and deciding on jeans and my new shirt. And that was all before 10. We picked up my stepmom and brother and drove for a very long time. Got to the party local and soon were over run by 10 children, 8 0r 9 of whom were screaming 6 year olds. O mon dieu! We finally achieved quiet after invoking the quiet game while promising ring pops to the winners. From there we returned to my parent's house and then to the memorial service. It was well attended by many of the people who loved Frank. But it was long and now I feel drained. I think my niece liked the doll but its hard to compete with barbies and a nintendo DS. I don't think I'll make something for my older niece because she's gonna be 10 and well.... Anyway I'll probably start something else tomorrow but tonight I'm ready for bed. Maybe my little demoness who now has a face I'm proud to say. Au revoir mes amis.

No comments: