Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Awww she brought me a present.....



I love my dogs. It is well known by family and friends alike that my dogs are my babies and thus far lacking any human children I dote on my wubbies instead. (I am not sure what wubbies means but it is something I repeatedly call my little girls) This post is dedicated to them. Tinkerbell is my little black lab. Jarell brought her home for me the Saturday after Thanksgiving in 2006 as an early Christmas present. It was love at first sight. She was 3 months old and floppy with long awkward legs and ears that were much to big for her dainty head. She grew rapidly but not very much. She came from a breeder and is a purebred but to this day she comes to my knees and is a very delicately shaped. An absolutely beautiful little dog her very easily earns her name. Right now she is about to give birth to at least 8 puppies any day. And she looks like a barell on tooth picks or a childrens drawing with no sense of proportion. All the puppy weight has shifted lower to make ready for birth and she's hilarious. She still runs around with all the dignity of her skinnier self and this is especially comical as seen in the following picture. (Warning: for those of you with an aversion to dead animal body parts, don't look.)

She's so generous that she chased me around trying to give me her severed cow leg that she picked up from who knows where. Our neighbor has cows and I'm pretty certain, from the amount of cow legs that our dogs bring over, that he has a bone yard that isn't very well hidden.

Much to little Pepper's dismay, Tinkerbell never shares her bone stash until she's completely done with them. This doesn't get her down for long tho because while Tink is running around proudly showing off her find, Pepper can get all the attention she wants.

Missy has a very laid back approach to life. She's in charge and as long as no one challenges that, everythings good. The exception being when another female is pregnant at which point Missy cedes all claim to being in charge of that particular dog. Temporarily. She's a lovable bouncy 7 y/o who wishes she was a lap dog.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.