Friday, April 4, 2008

My new swap

As I mentioned yesterday (or at least I think I did) I'm going to be starting my own swap. So here's the unveiling so to speak. As I mentioned the other day I was absolutely enamored of Mr. Magoriums Wonder Emporium when I watched it and when I stumbled across Gypsy Mermaid's page yesterday and saw here swap the information culminated in me deciding to do one of my own. Hence the Wonder Emporium Swap. As I was watching the movie I was fascinated by several things. So I have several options for you.

Option 1: There is a boy in the movie who has a huge and diverse collection hats and wears a different one each day. So for your first option you can make a unique hat of any materials you come up with. It can be full sized and wearable, flat and made out of paper or anywhere in between-- your choices are endless and this could be a lot of fun.

Option 2: There is a magic book in the store that when opened to a particular page brings up the toy you are looking for. Your challenge would be to make your own big book to emulate the stores catalog.

Option 3: Mr. Magorium hires an accountant to get his affairs in order before he leaves the store to Mahoney his faithful assistant. However, throughout the movie everyone calls Henry the accountant "The mutant." This was just too cute in my opinion. So the third option is to make your own "mutant." It can be as human or mutated as you want.

If you haven't already seen the movie, now would be a good time to watch it. Its really cute and will give you a better idea of the themes I came up with. I'll be taking entries starting on tax day 4/15/08. You can sign up by sending me an email at littlesongbird17@yahoo.com or leave me a comment here.

No comments: