Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Terrorific

I had thought to terrorize you with photos of family and pets (some are both) but I think I'll leave that job to my flickr account. Instead I will share a couple of pics of some bookmarks I made for another swap I'm in. It is a lyrical bookmark swap and so I tried to tie the lyrics of the song or at least the artist to the decoration I chose. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the bookmarks as a whole per se, but there are parts that I think are awesomeness itself. I know that sounds a little self-centered but gosh darn it once in a while I feel I should be proud of something I've done. The nice thing is knowing that I'm not the only one who feels this way-- guilty about feeling proud of an accomplishment. But I do nevertheless and I wonder why. I excelled at many things in school but always felt the necessity to downplay those things while focusing on my flaws in order to fit in. I'm not sure what the deal was with that except some of my friends weren't as good at some of the things I was good at and that separated us unless I was able to show them I sucked too. Am I being too mememe here? Well thats tough petunias. I am proud of my high school accomplishments and always will be because they're the
high point in the accomplishment category thus far and likely to stay that way. Thats not to say I don't have high hopes for my art endeavors, far from it, but I am a realist. There are many many people out there much more talented than I who I feel I should bow down to and step aside for. They are the shining star of this world of crafts and I am happy to let them be just that. I'm not sure where all this is coming from, but its one of those days I guess. Anyway, without further ado, the pictures in all their glory.



No comments: