Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Goodies goodies goodies

Well I was responsible today and headed outside to do some overdue recipe writing for a quicky swap from swap bot. The idea was to send three of your favorite recipes (hand written) to 2 people for a total of six recipe cards. I chose some real winners and was just kinda lazy about all that handwritten work when the computer is so much easier quicker and neater. It is a gorgeous day today tho and so I decided to get to it since the send by deadline was tomorrow and so I went outside and did my writing. When Jarell came down for lunch he brought the mail and in his arms was a nice big box from my Enchanted swap partner Sherry. I opened it up outside and then I started crowing. Everything is so beautiful and I just smiled and squealed. Jarell looked at me like I'd lost my mind when I came inside to show him all the pretties. Ehh more for me, right? There was chocolate and glitter and cards and a movie (A little Princess) and bubbles (My Bubbles!) and this AWESOME wandy scepter thing. The pictures just don't do these goodies justice.



I also got some great deals at a couple of garage sales today. I got a matching pair of cast iron and ceramic lamps that are about 30 inches tall for .... $3! Yeah no joke.The shades alone sell at Wal Mart for $15. I know because they happen to match a smaller lamp shade that I paid $10 for. I also got some mushroom prints and an old sugar tin and 3 vintage scarves. I spent a whole $4.75
so I'm pretty happy all around. Hope the bargains fly your way! I may be doing a give away soon so pass it around and keep an eye out for free stuff headed your way.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Great deals! I'm going to have to start going garage selling. I've never been good about that but I love to find bargains!!